Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Big Picture Study Bible



I first used The Big Picture Story Bible by David Helm beginning in August of 2010. Each week during Children's Church I would read one part of the story and we would discuss the theme and how it connected with what we had previously learned, and then complete an activity. I actually went through the entire book twice, so that by Christmas 2011 I felt that the kids who regularly attended will have heard the big-picture of Jesus. {I wish I could find those lesson plans...grrrr}

Since then, I have taught primarily New Testament (it's SO much better for the kids, I think, to know about Jesus and not just the major stories {creation, flood, King David} from the O.T.). From now until December (2015) we'll be going through the book again.

In addition to the resources here, there is an AMAZING site on Ministry-to-Children.com (scroll to the bottom) that has a lesson plan for the first 12 parts of the story. I'll be pulling in some wording from there but since I like a variety of craftiness to keep things interesting, most of my activities will be from other places {Pinterest}.

I've also created bookmarks for the kids to take home the first week to help guide parents into conversations with their kiddos about what we're learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment