Saturday, April 5, 2014

April Lessons

Our theme for April is "The Easter Story"

Week 14- Judas Betrays Jesus (Luke 22:1-6)
Week 15- Palm Sunday (Mark 11:1-11)
Week 16- Up From the Grave He Arose!
Week 17- Peter's Easter Story (Luke 22:31-38, 54-62, and 24:13-43)

Every year I like to vary what "extras" of the Easter story I tell. We have an Easter Event at church the day before when the entire story is told, but some years I add about Judas, some years I focus more on the disciples' reactions afterward, and most years I tell about Peter, because I think every one of us can relate to him. This year I'm choosing to talk about Palm Sunday instead of the Last Supper. My denomination (Church of the Brethren) only takes communion on the Thursday before Easter each year, but we'll be discussing that at our Easter event so I decided to pass it this year in my plans. I wish I could fit so much more in... there are 100 ways to tell the Greatest Story Ever Told!

No comments:

Post a Comment