Sunday, April 20, 2014

Week 16: April 20

Our theme for April is "The Easter Story"

Week 16- Up From the Grave He Arose!

Our church is always PACKED on Easter Sunday (whose isn't!?) so I like something simple that kids can do that doesn't need a lot of help. We have many kids for the first time on Easter, so I want to be able to spend the time talking with them, not helping them cut/glue/fight with pieces that don't align. 

I found a really cute cross craft on sale at orientaltrading.com (They don't appear to have them anymore) and I *ahem* accidentally bought 14 packs instead of 4 soooooo we'll definitely be doing this craft again in the future (like... future 5 years hahaha) Glad I did, now that I know they're sold out! 

The kids absolutely loved placing the foam stickers WHEREVER they wanted on the cross (makes me wonder how stressed these kids are in class about following directions if they would get so excited about a flower) but anyway, we topped them off with the verse sticker just as parents were heading down the stairs. It was a beautiful day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment